Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Bedroom Makeover to SAVE Money!

My husband and I were in need of some cash and decided to sell our existing bedroom set that was only a couple years old. It was a nice set but a little too matchy for me and I knew we could replace it all for much cheaper.
 This is the before. Sold the set (excluding hope chest) for $1,250

Replaced everything (including some new drapes and a couple accessories) for $250!

 The after

Design wise, I think both are fine. I prefer the second one because it's more the style I wanted in there and you can't beat making $1,000 and making improvements at the same time!

We got all our furniture at the DI for $60. Had to paint it all. Bed frame from KSL (I didn't want a headboard/footboard) for $35, pillows and accessories were mostly from Ross. I used a lot of existing things though. I got that blue chair for $40 from Salvation Army, my favorite deal I got! We also got new sheets and drapes since we were doing so good! :) I'm pretty sure it was under $200 but saying $250 because I can't remember some things...

No comments:

Post a Comment